Something that interesting

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Develop Disability Learning Tools for children

Share

It start with my lecturer that want us to make a learning tools with the disability children. Then study n do some research about the specific disability children that we want to focus on. So me and my group decide to choose children with Down Syndrome (DS). In the individual assignment which I has to come out a proposal on the the tools that we will create later. After that we will do it as a group project after choose which proposal (among 5 us) give the best disability learning tools. I'm thinking of making a simple flash presentation but is it will work?

I would to say here that I feel like I'm not ready for this... 2 weeks past already but I'm still not doing anything. By the time I'm writing my proposal, I got stuck, asking myself with many question and then everything become blur... Me myself don't know what am I doing. :( huhu...

Create a learning tools for ordinary children is not a problem but the problem is that the tools is for disability children. :( Huhu... With the limited of time, no idea, confused and frustrating with myself become the barrier for me to complete my individual proposal.

So what should I do? I've been try surfing the Internet, get some information and study it but it is not the answer. I need to know more about:

1. The characteristic of the DS children
2. To understand the DS children attitude
3. The thing that can attract the DS children to focus on the learning tools
4. What type of media is the best choose for this children
5. What element of learning that should I pun in my learning tools.
6. Is my learning tools is easy for the DS children to used it as well as the teachers

The study about the DS children is not complete without observation, interview and get professional opinion. That's is why I also need to be in the field so that I know the progress.

Study without practical it is not the best learning tools. But as a student, my time, my transportation, and my communication my is limited. There is other lesson I need to catch up.

I'm stuck inside and outside... It's be a great pleasure if there is a past research on Down Syndrome learning tools so that I can come out an idea to make the DS learning tools and start with my Specific Measurable Achievable Reasonable Time frame (SMART) individual proposal.

As an Instructional communication student, this should not be a problem! Shame on me. :(

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails